1. The new Republican Senator from Florida, Marco Rubio, is already being touted as a future vice-presidential nominee in the near term and even as a presidential nominee in the long term. Another Cuban-American, Republican David Rivera, was elected to Congress from the Miami area.
2. In south Texas, along the Mexican border, Republican Quico Canseco ousted Democratic Congressman Ciro Rodriguez;
3. Also in Texas, Republican Bill Flores (a 9th generation Texan whose family came to Texas from Spain in 1725) ousted Democratic Congressman Chet Edwards;
4. In Washington state, there is a new Republican Congresswoman, Jaime Herrera;
5. In Idaho, we have new Republican Congressman, Raul Labrador (born in Puerto Rico);
Those are the people elected to Congress. In addition, there are two new Hispanic governors:
1. In New Mexico, Susana Martinez, who is now the first female Hispanic governor ever elected in the nation; and
2. Nevada's first Hispanic governor, Brian Sandoval.
The geographic and ethnic diversity is marvelous--from a descendant of colonial era Spanish settlers to some who are the children of immigrant parents, from the east coast to the Southwest then through Nevada and Idaho all the way to the Northwest.